Lamb shanks rich with bone marrow and tender meat, cooked with medium consistency gravy.
1. Tender lamb shanks preferably from shoulder – 500 gms
2. Dhania powder – 1and 1/2 tbs
3. Ginger – garlic paste – 2 tsp
4. Red kashmiri chilli powder – 2 tsp
5. Haldi powder – 1/2 a tsp
6. Whole garam masala – 1 tbsp
7. Powdered garam masala – 1/2 a tsp
8. Thick Curd – 1 cup
9. Thinly sliced and fried onions – 1 cup
10. Oil or ghee – 80 to 100 ml
11. Salt to taste
12. Corriander, green chillies and lemon wedges — for garnishing
1. Heat the oil, fry the onions and remove them from the oil and keep aside.
2. In the same oil, add the whole garam masala, when it slightly cools down add dhania powder, accept curds, and onions fry for a while.
3. Add the meat, cook it between 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Crush and mix the fried onions with the curds, and put it in the meat stirring between 3 to 5 minutes, till it’s well – mixed and cooked.
5. Pour about two glasses of water, and pressure cook it for 15 to 20 minutes.
6. Open the cooker, add garam masala powder, chopped coriander and serve hot with lemon wedges.
Healthy, rich in protein and tasty preparation, can be served with the main course along with naan or tandoori rotis.
And now like us on : https://www.facebook.com/Noorkitchen