A mildly spiced tasty preparation where khoya enriches the dishNoor’s Kitchen Noor Jafri
- Matar – 200 gms
- Khoya – 100 gms
- Kasuri Meethi – 1 tbsp
- Tomato Puree – 3 tbsp
- Kashmiri chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Jeera Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Haldi – a pinch
- Paste of – 1 medium sized onion, 1/2 an inch piece of ginger, and two to three green chillies.
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 2tbsps
- Cashewnuts – 4 to 6
- Heat oil, and fry onion, ginger and chilli paste. Mix it well.
- Add tomato puree and all the other masalas, matar and cook for a while, and add 3 to 4 tablespoons of water. Till the peas get tender.
- Add salt and grated khoya, half a cup of water and cashewnut, simmer it till the oil separates, sprinkle kasuri meethi and switch off the gas.
Careful ! There is less oil, but khoya makes it a rich dish.