Also known as stuffed grilled cauliflower, this dish is an instant hit with vegetarians
- Cauliflower – one whole medium sized fresh
- Kashmiri red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Zeera powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric (haldi) 1/4 tsp
- Dhania powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Hung curd – 2 tbsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Butter – 1 tbsp
- Tandoori colour (optional) – a pinch
- Chat masala – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Green coriander and slit green chillies – for garnishing
- Par-boil cauliflower, with salt and haldi powder.
- After boiling slowly loosen the flower-heads by removing one or two from the center.
- Mix all the masalas, hung curd and oil.
- Rub the masalas, all over the cauliflower and stuffing it between the florets, leave this marinate for 2 to 3 hours.
- Brush the gobi, with little more oil and grill it or slow cook it in a covered deep vessel occasionally turning it and basting it with butter till it is brown on all the sides.
- Serve hot with sprinkling chat masala, coriander leaves and slit green chillies.