HYDERABAD: Fire broke out at a hotel near LB Nagar crossroads late on Sunday scaring scores of people gathered there. Several people thronged Sitara Hotel near LB Nagar Crossroads to attend a marriage. After the function was over, those gathered there lit up fireworks as part of the revelries. However, the cloth decoration around is said to have caught fire and flames spread fast engulfing the entire hotel.
Since the hotel was newly-built short-circuit could not be a cause of the fire, said sources close to the management, though there was no official word from the owners. The staff and guests ran out on noticing the fire. More than eight fire tenders were pressed into the service. After more than an hour-long firefighting, the raging flames could be put out.
Initial reports suggested that there were no casualties. However, there was a heavy traffic jam caused due to the accident.