New details have emerged in the ‘mysterious’ death of Leslie Carter, including a possible cause of the 25-year-old’s untimely passing. According to a police report obtained by E! News, the former House of Carters star and sister of Nick and Aaron Carter died as a result of an overdose, with three prescription drugs found near her body. The report was taken by officials who first responded to the 911 call, and per the document, the three prescription bottles found nearby were Olanzapine, used to treat schizophrenia or bipolar disorder, the muscle relaxant Cyclobenzaprine, and the anxiety medication Xanax.
Though official autopsy have yet to be released pending the toxicology tests, a source close to the Carters tells E! News that family members believe Leslie overdosed on pills. As per the police report, Leslie’s stepmother Ginger found Leslie’s unresponsive body around 4.10pm on Jan 31 and immediately dialed 911. Leslie and her baby (she was estranged from her on-again, off-again hubby) were living with her father, Robert, in Buffalo and, a source tells E! News, had been trying to wean herself off her medication. After her body was found, Robert performed CPR, though Leslie was ultimately pronounced dead at the hospital at 4.59pm.