HYDERABAD: International Paper has constituted a new board of directors for Andhra Pradesh Paper Mills, Ltd., a company of International Paper, under the leadership of Paul Brown, president of International Paper India and chairman and acting CEO of APPM.
The company appointed Rampraveen Swaminathan as managing director and CEO of APPM, effective March 2, when Brown will become executive chairman of the board of APPM.
The appointment of these key leadership positions are steps International Paper is taking to move APPM to higher levels of business performance. Each member of the board has considerable experience and success in their respective fields, and the APPM board will play an important role in effectively steering the organization.
In his roles as president and executive chairman, Brown will oversee all of International Paper’s business activities in India, including setting strategic direction for the company in the region. Brown has extensive experience in the paper and packaging industry and, since 1984, has held leadership roles with InternationalPaper in the U.S., Europe, the Middle East and Africa, China, Southeast Asia and India.
As the new managing director and CEO for APPM, Swaminathan will lead all aspects of APPM’s business and growth in India. Swaminathan will join APPM from Cummins, where he served in a variety of leadership roles since 1999. Previous to his work at Cummins, Swaminathan worked for the Tata Group.
The new APPM board members include:
Adhiraj Sarin – managing director, Bunge
- Brett Mosley – director, Global Technology, International Paper
- M. K. Sharma – former vice chairman, Hindustan Unilever
- M.S. Ramachandran – former chairman, Indian Oil
- Milind Sarwate – Group CFO & CHRO, Marico
- P.K. Suri – director, Operations, APPM
- Paul Brown – president, International Paper India and chairman of the APPM Board of Directors and acting CEO
- Praveen Kadle, managing director and CEO, Tata Capital Limited
- Rampraveen Swaminathan, managing director and CEO designate, APPM
- Ranjana Kumar – former vigilance commissioner in the Central Vigilance Commission and former chairperson, Indian Bank
- Shreeyash Bangur – former director, Corporate, APPM
- Tom Kadien – senior vice president, Consumer Packaging, IP Asia and IP India, International Paper