They are stunning, they are hot, and they are the faces of 2011. Postnoon lists out the year’s top 10 models.
Compiled by Sana Mirza
- Candice Swanepoel: Turning up the heat, Candice Swanepoel shows why she’s one of the hottest models in the world in her new photo spread from Victoria’s Secret. As the first model from South Africa to become a Victoria’s Secret runway stunner, Candice Swanepoel has turned her beautiful pout into a top-notch career.
- Zuzanna Bijoch: Following her Prada campaign and Paris Fashion Week Miu Miu exclusive for spring/summer 2011, two major autumn/winter 2011 campaigns (Chloé and Louis Vuitton) have cemented Polish model Zuzanna Bijoch’s major league status.
- Nyasha Matonhodze: She was discovered when she walked into Elite model agency in her school uniform, Zimbabwean-born, Northampton-raised Nyasha Matonhodze was quickly booked by Vuitton’s creative director, Marc Jacobs, to appear in the autumn/winter 2011 catwalk show at Paris Fashion Week. Next came campaigns for Louis Vuitton and Topshop autumn/winter 2011 and the cover of LOVE magazine all before her 17th birthday.
- Julia Saner: Already making great strides during the spring/summer 2011 show season, Saner followed up her Valentino campaign with a turn as the face of Mulberry autumn/winter 2011. Saner has appeared in shoots this year for no less than five international Vogues: American, Italian, German, Japanese and Turkish.
- Daphne Groeneveld: This Dutch 15-year-old with the unforgettable lips started the season off with a bang as a Calvin Klein exclusive, then went on to hit every major runway in Milan, including Prada, Gucci, and Dolce & Gabbana. Paris Vogue is already on board with Daphne as the cover girl.
- Simon Nessman: Simon Nessman was discovered when his friend sent his photos to a modeling agency. He has since become one of the faces of Givenchy, appearing in their campaigns since Fall/Winter 2008. He was then a part of campaigns which included Ralph Lauren Rugby, Benetton, Barneys, John Galliano Underwear, Gap, Versace, D&G, Antony Morato and Blanco. Simon has also been featured in many editorials including one in Vogue Paris alongside singer Ciara.
- Baptiste Giabiconi: Love him or hate him, Baptiste Giabiconi is a solidified star on the fashion scene. He became the new muse of designer and photographer Karl Lagerfeld and then went on to appear in Lagerfeld’s own namesake label campaign, Baptiste has been the face of Chanel since spring 2009 and has also starred in campaigns for Frankie Morello, Just Cavalli, Armani Jeans and Fendi. His most recent campaigns includes spring outings for H&M and Dior Homme.
- Ben Hill: Ben Hill started his career as a model for Abercrombie & Fitch. He made his runway debut in Milan walking for Dolce & Gabbana and Vivienne Westwood. Ben immediately became a favourite of designers and went on to sign a contract with Tommy Hilfiger in 2009 to become the face of the label. His most recent work includes campaigns for both Hugo Boss and Giorgio Armani.
- Sean O’Pry: Sean O’Pry was discovered through Facebook by Nole Marin, a judge on America’s Next Top Model. He has since become one of the top male models and has been featured in campaigns for labels including Trussardi, Lacoste, H&M, Giorgio Armani, Bottega Veneta, Calvin Klein, DKNY, Zara and Gap. He has also graced the covers of GQ Style Russia, Numero Homme and Numero Homme Korea.
- Dmitriy Tanner: The Russian born, American bred Dmitriy scored two consecutive exclusives for the Calvin Klein Men’s show (Feb and June 2011). Dmitriy is a marine with the USMC.
About the Author (Author Profile)
Desperately in search of inner peace. Loves traveling. Will write for money. Picky with food but loves her pastas and South-Indian thalis. Highly entertaining. Loves watching gossipy TV shows and good looking vampires. Would like to be abducted by aliens, at least once. Also I am not fat, I am just big-boned